Praying is talking to God with your heart

Praying is talking to God with your heart
Open your heart and let Him in.

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Poetry: I Miss You, But…

I Miss You, But ...

I miss you Mama, but 

I don't miss you back here with me

No, I miss me there with you

You see ...

I don't miss the limits of your broken body

You fought the fight against ... So well!


But earthly bodies do breakdown

That's why through Jesus, salvation for soul and

spirit are found

We get to leave the bodies 

that betray us- behind


I thought about being sad, the brokenness

of your body ...

          Your legs that wouldn't carry you anymore -

          No sound of your voice penetrating the air -

          Family dinners with us, you couldn't spend -


Yes, when I thought about these things

I thought about being sad, but ...


Then I caught a glimpse,

There you were Mama, not just marching

But on the streets you were ...DANCING!

Yes, you were dancing on the streets of glory


And, I thought about being sad

when I longed to hear your voice ...


Then I heard a Heavenly choir,

I listened closely, and

In the multitude of Angelic voices

I heard only one, it was yours Mama

Yes, it was your voice beautifully ...SINGING!


I thought about being sad, we will miss you; especially, 

on holidays, special occasions and family gatherings ...

The truth is, we miss you everyday


Then I saw the banquet table

where you now feast, and I know that

nothing here could ever compare ...

A table filled with the bounty

of Jesus, And

His living waters to wash it down

Receiving from Him in awe, and

Returning to Him in reverence, 

Laying at His feet

Your Heavenly crown


So yes Mama, I miss you, but

I don't miss you back here with me

No, I miss me there with you!


~ Sarah Lynn

September 7, 2017

Scripture references regarding Heavenly crowns:

James 1:12  -  1Peter 5:4  - Revelation 3:11  - Revelation 4:10



No comments:

Post a Comment