Praying is talking to God with your heart

Praying is talking to God with your heart
Open your heart and let Him in.

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Brokenness Is Part Of Life, Let It Bring Change

     Brokenness is part of life and there’s really nothing we can do to escape the pain of a broken heart or a crushed spirit. If you’ve lived to the age of twenty or past then you have most likely (personally) experienced some sort of loss, trauma, separation, shock, physical and or spiritual pain. And even if I was speaking of people younger than their twenties— more likely than not they have experienced deep and scarring pain. It’s just the nature of life in this fallen world. But, those of us who know and have The Savior also have a salve for life’s pain… Jesus! 

Yes Lord, You can and do help us and heal us from the pain of our past hurts, and You also give the deepest pain the most purpose. 

 When I look back at some of my darkest days it makes me joyful that I am past those days, but I am grateful that the worst tragedies in my life have brought about the greatest change and growth in me and that means that it ultimately matters. If I will let You, Jesus, You will make what I experience here on earth matter…eternally! Thank You for giving my pain a purpose and I know it is not just to see if I can endure pain, but can I endure and let my heart be changed for my good and Your Glory in the process?
There’s actually a freedom in knowing that what I go through is growing and developing me into the kind of “Woman of God” He intended for me to be. Keep growing me and showing me God, the me I’m really supposed to be. 

Sometimes when I’m having trouble with sadness or sorrow I read some of the beautiful words from Kahlil Gibran’s, The Prophet,  “Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears. And how else can it be? The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain. Some of you say, ‘Joy is greater than sorrow,’ and others say, ‘Nay, sorrow is the greater .’ But I say unto you, they are inseparable.” These words from Gibran are so very true, in essence they remind me that I only know what joy is because I have experienced sorrow— sorrow makes me long for comfort and joy and I only know what joy is because I have already become very familiar with pain and sorrow.
 But, the greater part of this is that albeit I must experience pain and sorrow, I do not have to endure it alone for Jesus, You are always with me.  You know from a deeply personal level what sorrow and suffering mean and because of this You promise to be close to us and heal us when we are broken-hearted and need You to bind up our wounds, (Psalm 147:3 ). 
“…My soul is deeply grieved, so that I am almost dying of sorrow…” (Matthew 26:38 AMP), these are Your words as You knew You were about to be crucified for me and all humanity! My heart and spirit can almost feel the weight of Your Words. But the truth is You experienced sorrow and grief beyond anything I will ever know, but You also knew after the pain, there was joy to come! (Hebrews 12:2). So You are where I will go when I need help with unbearable sadness, physical and spiritual pain, loss, and uncertainty. 
Thank You Yeshua, for everything You endured for me because You loved me and for the joy that was set before You. I love You, Lord. 

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment