Praying is talking to God with your heart

Praying is talking to God with your heart
Open your heart and let Him in.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

WHAT? Christians Don't Get Depressed! Uh Oh...Then I'm In Big Trouble!

Lord, I haven't posted in so long and I'm sorry.

My struggle today, as I turn 57 years old is that I'm a Christian woman who suffers from depression.
WHAT? Christians don't get depressed!
Uh oh... then I'm in big trouble!
I have one or two good days, maybe even weeks and I think things are finally getting better, but this dreaded thing is relentless and it just keeps coming back. I need help Jesus.

I feel like a strong woman of God sometimes, able to withstand the demon of depression, but other days I find myself in isolation asking my heart how I got here...again?!

I will pursue Your answers, Lord. I know that You desire peace for me. I know that You desire rest and peace for my heart.

Some hard issues for me are that the depression stems from my chronic health problems which is another "iffy" topic for Christians, sickness and especially chronic illness are taboo in the Christian Community, almost a sign of spiritual weakness and if you are depressed you may have gotten to the point of no return. And yet, Your Word Lord has examples of others who were great men and women of God who suffered from depression and sadness that does not seem to go away.
My hope is in You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment