Praying is talking to God with your heart

Praying is talking to God with your heart
Open your heart and let Him in.

Monday, March 21, 2016

He Chose Me

...Of course Lord, You chose me and the reason that is so important to me is because I struggle so much with how to affirm my own worth and value through You, the filter in which I am sifted for eternal value and worth...

"Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love. For He foreordained us (destined us, planned in love for us) to be adopted (revealed) as His own children...because it pleased Him and was His kind intent",  Ephesians 1:4-5 Amp.

All of this planning and choosing me for Yourself took place before I ever did and You didn't have to choose me, You weren't forced to pick me as if I were the last kid left on the playground to be on your team - no, the scripture says it pleased You and it was Your kind intent - You, the Lord of the universe, intentionally chose me to be Yours and not just to be on Your team or to play a game and then be done with me, You chose me to be Yours forever!

I love You, Jesus!

Of course Lord, You chose me and the reason that is so important to me is because I struggle so much with how to affirm my own worth and value through You, the filter in which I am sifted for eternal value and worth. The world doesn't place much value on or in someone like me, I am not anything special in this day and age, on this planet earth. Whoever can measure up to this world's expectations? Not I, not anyone. Just ask the world it will tell you... "You can always be better" and when that message is sieved through the dark eyes of this world...you can always do or be better ultimately means, I'm not good enough. And if I continue to be influenced by the ways of this world I will find myself unable to acheive what it says I should and even if I could I would live frustrated- this world doesn't give what You can. 

But You Lord, have said I shall live in this world but I am not of this world- I belong to You and Your kingdom. When I am struggling with such things as my identity and Whose I am and can I really have a meaningful and purpose filled life in this crazy world?  I will remember Your words to me from the 139th Psalm, they speak of how I was "... intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth...", v.15 amp., I am designed and purposely put together. "For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb", Psalm 139:13 AMP. This beautiful psalm reminds me that I am unable to hide from You- You find me wherever I go, not because I am looking for You, but because You never stop thinking of me! "God, Your thoughts about me are priceless. No one can possibly add them all up", Ps.139:17 NIRV. I think I find it so hard to comprehend that You are always thinking about me because I can be so easily distracted when it comes to my thoughts of You, Lord. The world can overtake my focus when I really want it to be all about Your kingdom, Your ways, Your thoughts, Your words, Your truth- I hate the distraction, but it's true, I can sometimes be easily misguided at things that are not of eternal importance. I need Holy Spirit to guide me and keep me.
Thank You Jesus for choosing me and always thinking of and interceding for me. Your great love chose me and I'm still trying to wrap that powerful truth around my heart.
There's no greater love than a chosen love, a love that has been personally pursued and captured and has decided to give up, give in and be loved! That's what I want, Jesus, only You know how to capture my heart and set it free at the same time.

When I ponder the words in these verses about You choosing me my mere human understanding cannot fathom what You are telling me. I cannot imagine a God who creates me and chooses me for Himself, in a world of chaos and people who barely know I exist, You chose me before this world of chaos was even formed and it does not matter to You if I go unconsidered and disregarded in this world, because, You have high regard for me and I am never merely glossed over by Your amazing love!
As I read the verses from Your word I like to personalize them so that they read as follows:
Even as [in His love] He chose ME [actually picked ME out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that I should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love. For He foreordained ME (destined ME, planned in love for ME) to be adopted (revealed) as His own child through Jesus Christ, in accordance with the purpose of His will [because it pleased Him and was His kind intent]. When I do this with Your scriptures it reminds me that Your word is to be lived, not just read. Personalizing Your precious words helps me to see that it applies to me and my personal and everyday life.

Thank You so much for choosing me. I know Your love for me is not based on anything I do or don't do...You just love me...always!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment